Thursday, June 9, 2011

Ooh, my heart is all a flutter

Do you know why? Of course not. I haven't told you yet. But I will.

So inside this 26 year old is a little girl looking for validation and acceptance. I think, to tell the truth,that we all are. Friendships have definied my life (not always in a good way). I have memories of wondering around Wildernes National Park at age 6, asking kids to "be my friend" (yes, I actually asked) and I have mentioned the issues I had with my old friends. So it always kind of surprises me when people like what I say or write or do.

Mainly when it comes from people who I admire (to be frank, the blogs I read are awesome!)

So you can imagine how excited I was when Nicci nominated me for two awards. And on top of that, Tash said that she "really liked" my blog. I am in seventh heaven.

I am besides myself with excitement (seriously considering phoning Brian to tell him how awesome I am). Or yelling it from the rooftops. I think I will settle for a glass of wine and dancing madly to the sound track of Mamma Mia.

Sheesh, I ramble.

Back to the award (I did mention that I got one, right?)

Drum roll...



Yay)

Now for the fun part

1.) I have to choose five other people who deserve it and pass the awards along
2.) Regale you all with seven random facts (yes, I know I just gave you five yesterday but I didn't think I would get an award, now did I?)
3.) Let the people that you give the awards to know
4.) Thank the person who gave you the award

I can do this.

I must confess that I am slightly addicted to blogs. I come to work and eagerly check blogs to see if they have been updated. I am frequently moved to tears and/or laughter and I feel so much more ummm...normal. I think its good to know that you are not the only person that feels sad/scared/alone/happy/weird etc. You guys all make my life so much more interesting. Thank you.

So the blogs I am giving the awards to are:

Bonding over lizards: Helen is one of the reasons I started blogging and although we talk about a lot of stuff in person I just love the way she takes on life.

Remember when: Fiona is just so fun! And her kiddies are so cute :)

Spacebook: This blog makes me cry and it is one of the most heart wrenching things I have ever read. Caz is just so brave and amazing.

Sleepyjane: Because I love the polaroids of her dogs and I really relate to a lot of her posts.

The nomad's land: I love Sarah! I just do. :) But she doesn't really add awards to her blog so I am nominating someone else (Nicci said "or more")

Doodles or a Journo: Tamara is so cool and works in her slippers which is a life long dream of mine!

So now for the facts:

1.) My feet are always cold. I hate winter because of it.
2.) I haven't done the dishes this week (I plan to do them when I get home today). I have just been so tired. It still is yucky though.
3.) I compose blog posts in my head while I drive home but then I forget most of it and post whatever inane thing is in my head.
4.) My boyfriend's mother is my boss. I know it sounds bad but really I am pretty overqualified for my job so it wasn't nepotism. But she does bring me muffins to work which is really nice.
5.) I never dream in colour (although I hardly ever remember my dreams)
6.) I once got kicked by a shetland pony and had a horseshoe shaped bruise. My friends thought it was hilarious. I didn't.
7.) I went to my matric dance with the son of my mom's friend who I hadn't seen since I was 6. Yes, it was sad. It was more sad that he wore leather pants to the afterparty and refused to dance!

So lastly, the thank you!

Dear Nicci. You rock. Thank you! :)

8 comments:

Slyde said...

caz and tam are the real goods. I've love em both for a long time (and not in a dirty way... at least not yet).

sarah said...

Dear Vanessa.

I do read your blog! Just like I read Helen's! But, I am ridiculously lazy and I HATE blogspot. It's a pain in the ass. :) (I wish you guys would move to Tumblr!)
So know that as I read your blog, I compose comments in my head. Surely you can hear them over the friendship bridge we have connecting our brains?

I love you.
------------ this much ------------------

Sarah

Helen said...

thank you Oracle! You rock! See you soon? I have a whole bunch of stuff to give you (I'm talking chick-lit, glee episodes AND 3 albums of Glee music *happy dance*)

Nes said...

Glee music!!!!Yay :) Sounds awesome...maybe we can meet for coffee :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reading my blog and liking it enough to give me an award. I LOVE IT! Yes, caps love.

One teaspoon of awesome sauce, mixed with some coolbeans + a dash of sugar = you. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Caz said...

aaaaaaaaaaaawwww!! thanks lady :)
I'm with Sarah - I read blogs but DAM i'm lazy on the commenting.
*vows to improve*

I will now be following suit and doing my post.

:)

Tamara said...

Tanks, Nes. Sorry it's taken me so long to get here to pick up my shinies, but life has been... mental (putting it politely).

Thanks for the award - makes me happy :-)

Also just clicked that you are Helen's Oracle. Good to know. She has only lovely things to say about you.

Also, I have to laugh - Slyde would never say something that sweet about me on my blog. Although he did follow it up with something dirty, which is more like him ;-)

Thanks, lady.

Tamara said...

Also - I hear you on cold feet! Despite my slippers.

And leather pants?! Seriously?! Wow. My Matric boyfriend also refused to dance. Drove me nuts.