Monday, June 13, 2011

Twas a good weekend

I am sad to see the weekend go but it really was wonderfully relaxing.

First Brian and I went grocery shopping (which is not very exiting) and then we wondered around Fourways Crossing. We love going into random decor and furniture stores and looking at all the things we wouldn't buy if we didn't have the money. I know, I know. It sounds weird. But there is something very liberating about looking at a gold sofa with diamond buttons (I kid you not) which costs R30 000 and thinking Ha! I wouldn't buy you even if I could.


It is truly awful (well I think it is, anyway)

Watching rugby was very tiring. South African teams are so annoying. I support the Stormers (probably because Brian does- long story about how his dad supported them when he first moved to SA), anyway that didn't make me very happy (I tend to get a bit involved) so we put on Despicable me (which we hired) and it was awesome. Seriously, you have to watch this movie.

For my birthday I would like a minion. They are so adorable. Just shows that I am not grown up at all. Throw in some little yellow goofballs and I am in seventh heaven.


Brian and I are such a 'boring-ass' couple (I mean this in the best possible way). We were discussing the fact that both of us would choose watching a cartoon movie with blanket and the cat than going out. But I love that about us. We are not the type of couple that fights a lot either. I get annoyed (believe me) and I snap but then he just asks me what is wrong. I love that. I am half portuguese and the whole yelling thing gets a bit much. I don't like fights. They scare me. I much prefer saying what upsets me and having someone who will listen. And even admit that he was wrong!

Besides how can I get annoyed with someone who will pose with the cat for me (even if he does complain a bit?) Isn't he cute?



So in non-Brian related news :) I am going to try work harder at work this week. I need to get my non productive ass into gear. How can I expect to find my perfect job if I don't really work at my non perfect job? Its so difficult to get my mind to agree though. It was easier when there was a time limit: "I am only working here till I get my MSc." but now the MSc is in and I have sent out my C.V. a LOT! I will just have to be positive and hope for the best. In the meantime, WORK!

Have an awesome monday, peeps! Here is an inspirational quote to keep you going:
To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly. No exceptions. ~William James

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

IT'S SO FLUFFY I CAN DIE!!!

LOVED that movie, haha. :D

Nes said...

SJ- you have very good taste. Supernatural and Despicable me. ;)

Fiona said...

I puffy heart Despicable me! It's one of my favourite kiddies movies :-)

That couch is NOT something I would like to see in my lounge. It's bling with a dash of ganster like in my opinion...vomit!!!

Love that quote! Thanks for the inspiration

Natasha Clark said...

I also don't like going out and so badly want to be a boring couple, but Graeme won't let me! Sniff.

Po said...

Hellooooo I want a minion too! Just one will do. And me and my BF would rather lie around and watch an animated movie over going out any day too.