Thursday, June 2, 2011

This week I have...

1.) Been more productive at work. I have a to-do list that is actually shrinking and it makes me happy!

2.) Been a mom (kinda): I am not a mother (technically) but I do have three younger siblings. My sister, Savanah, is the youngest and sometimes I feel like a mom with her. There is a lot of things happening with my parents etc. so I try and make sure my sister comes to stay over at least once a week. So this week, I rushed from work to watch her sing "liefling" at her Afrikaans evening, took her home, fed her and rushed her to bed. When we work up the next morning she was feeling sick. So I got her so medicine, tucked her into bed with a list of instructions about keeping safe. I then rushed off to work. At work, I phoned to check a few times then rushed home, cooked dinner and watched T.V with her. This morning it was a battle to get her up. But once she was up, I took her back home because she needs to see a doctor. After work today, I will pick her up so she can come sleep over again. I love my sister absolutely but I am a bit tired.

3.) Applied for 7 jobs at a government department. I would love to get an environmental job and I know I can do these jobs. But I feel so defeated sometimes. I have worked so hard and all they are going to see is my lack of experience in the right field. Starting out is hard to do.

4.) Been very very cold. I think I have bad circulation. I can hardly feel my toes.

5.) Booked tickets for Jesus Christ SuperStar! I am so excited. I love the theatre and Andrew Lloyd Webber.


Note: This photo was taken 5 years ago - I am no longer so thin :( and Sav is a 14!

No comments: