Wednesday, June 29, 2011

When I was small and Christmas trees were tall...

The wonderful Tash found this and now I may never work again. Did I ever mention that I love "My little Pony"? Well I do. A lot!

This is my new baby. Her name is Sky Dancer. I love her because she makes me happy.


This made me think of other things I liked as a kid.

1.) My own Secret Garden. We lived with my gran till I was 10 in the oldest house in Orange Grove and there were so many hidden places. Seriously, there was a well and a cave type thing. I would get all my dolls together and pretend that I was this magical girl that could speak to fairies. It was fun.

2.) Babies. My first brother was born when I was 3 and I kind of define myself as a 'big sister' - being the mommy always came easy to me. My most favourite doll was one I very imaginatively named "Johnson and Johnson" (because my Cousin did- no, I don't know why she did). I loved him very much. He was also anatomically correct which probably added to the interest. He wasn't fake!


3.) Barbies

4.) My china tea set. My poor grandfather drank so much luke warm sugary water from tiny cups. He was a saint.

Being a kiddie was fun.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

I loved my china tea set!