Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Earth Wind and Rain (not fire)

I slept better last night than I have for awhile. I think it was a combination of a warm bed and listening to the wind howl outside. And then the rain too. There is something very beautiful about the sound of rain...I feel like the rain has cleared away some of the cobwebs in my head. I feel energised and positive. I like this me.

Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby. ~Langston Hughes



Spooky wild and gusty; swirling dervishes of rattling leaves race by, fleeing the windflung deadwood that cracks and thumps behind. ~Dave Beard



I love this painting by Jennifer Young although I am not sure if it has very much to do with 'windflung deadwood". It makes me feel though. I think that is what art is supposed to do, right?

No comments: