Friday, July 22, 2011

Its Friday!!! :)


I am in such a good mood. Yay! Its Friday and ABSA are sending me flowers (long story but I love flowers). And Brian drove me to work and is picking me up so that I could have a break from driving (he had a meeting yesterday so he is back early). Isn't he wonderful?

Yesterday, Savanah came to sleep over. She wrote me a letter during maths (although she assures me she had finished her work). She was confiding in me about a boy and telling me about her day. I feel so lucky to have such a wonderful relationship with her. I sometimes wonder if I could love her more if she was my daughter. I don't think so. She hit her head when she was 2 and my dad didn't have money to take her to emergency and they didn't want to go to Joburg gen at night. I was so worried about concussion that I stayed up the whole night and checked her every half an hour. I have kissed her sores better and cut up her food for her. I bathed her every night when she was little and base life decisions on her (i.e. Not looking for jobs in Cape Town). I love it when she talks and talks and talks and tells me every detail about her day at school and although I think she was the cutest baby ever, I love her at every age. I really can't imagine loving her more.

Anyway, that was off track...

So we watched Glee (I LOVE GLEE!) so glad its back on and Savanah and Brian had a long conversation about her music. She approves of his taste and then they ganged up on me and mocked my taste in music. It was such a lovely evening.

And tomorrow Brian, Savanah, Cathy and I are off to watch Harry Potter. I am currently tiding up my desk at work and throwing away a rainforest of paper. It feels good to be getting all sorted here. Soon it will be my new job and I am excited for that.

Hope you all have wonderful weekends. What are you doing?

1 comment:

Fiona said...

It sounds like you have such an awesome bond with your sister. You really sound like the best older sister anyone could ask for! Serious.

Tomorrow I have a girly lunch and going to see the tattoo artist. Sunday is the Prime Circle concert at the Botanical Gardens. Have a nice weekend!