Monday, July 18, 2011

So there I was trying to be awesome instead of sad

I really loved the picture (post below) and the saying and so I was all amped to be awesome instead of sad (because I had a few sad days before) and then as I am leaving work on Friday, I get a 'notify me' sms telling me that R1000 had been withdrawn from my credit card! I NEVER withdraw from my credit card so I freaked out a bit.

I stopped on the side of the road to check if I even had my purse anymore (nope, it was gone) and a parking attendant yelled at me (even though by this point I was crying- I cry a lot). I said I was just double checking to see if I had my purse and I would move in 1 second and he looked at me and shoved his pricelist in my face pointing at the 0-30min for R4 sign. That got to me. Where is empathy? Why are we so mean to each other. So I drove off.

I decided to go straight to the bank, parked outside and paid my R4. Went in was told that the bank couldn't help me because I didn't have my ID so I went at sat on the phone to cancel my cards (in the car). And then a policeman parked next to me, got out of his car, tapped on my windows and sternly told me to park straighter (I checked afterwards, I was skew but still within the parking space). But that upset me too. I mean here is an obviously distressed woman who looks like she wants to throw up and you are someone who is supposed to help and all you can worry about is the PARKING??? Seriously???

I then ran out of airtime (and obviously had no money or bank cards) so drove home to wait Brian. Because, it was obviously my day I got stuck in the worst traffic ever. I sat for 30 min at the offramp. Got home, phoned Brian and then got into bed for a nap because the day was not getting any better and now I have so much admin to do again. This is the second time in 4 months that I have had my purse stolen. I got my new drivers last month! And it is so much work.

Also I have such a fear of the traffic department- last time I was there I had the biggest anxiety attack ever. People were so unhelpful and no one cares. Yes, I know I am generalising and there are nice people who work in government departments. I have just never met one. Yes, I know people are overworked and that most people treat public servants badly. But it still upsets me because I think we should stand together more. There is so much crime so we can all understand how something small can make you feel upset. We have all been there. But instead I find that most people are selfish and don't want to know about your problems. Is it like this in other countries?

Sigh.

p.s. I had a really great weekend so I am feeling loads better! Just not particularly looking forward to the admin of replacing things.

1 comment:

Nicci said...

Awww I'm sorry you had such an awful day :( but glad you are feeling better.