Monday, July 11, 2011

So everyone else goes on holiday to exotic places

Like this:


And me...I got to go to HARRISMITH. Yip. Harrismith. Fun times.

It was cold and I stayed in bed most days and worked on my MSc. corrections. I also completely enjoyed doing dutiful girlfriend tasks. Like packing a lunch for Brian and cooking dinner for the both of us. I can't wait for his contract to be up so that we actually get to spend the weekday evenings together. It was his birthday too. He wouldn't let me buy him anything more than biltong but I wanted to make it special so I bought cupcakes and candles but then there were NO matches so he had an unlit candles to blow out (oops). It was so easy to get into a routine. I want routine that doesn't involve yelling at my computer or the universe in general when skype can't deal with life. Sigh.

Anyway, its back to work now. The students are back and all the staff know I am leaving which is awkward. I have to make sure everything is organised before I leave and I feeling pretty anxious at the moment, to be honest. I couldn't fall asleep last night. That NEVER happens. I can always sleep. Oh well. Change is always scary.

1 comment:

po said...

The last time I was on holiday in SA I went to Harrismith, actually I think it is pretty awesome! Actually we went to a place, the name often changes but it is something like MT Everest resort, up against a mountain, it has some fun rock climbing, some zebras, some buck, and stuff like that. It is so beautiful. We were the only people there.