Wednesday, July 20, 2011

One thing you didn't know about me

When I was five my dad surprised me one Saturday by taking me horse riding. We were going to Golden Gate later that year and my dad wanted to me to go on a ride but he also wanted me to have enough skills to cope.

It was the most wonderful day and I never ever ever went back to ballet (I hated ballet). Horse riding on the other hand, was one of my favourite things. I dreamt about horses, read horse books and counted the seconds until my Saturday morning horse ride.

I am thinking of asking Brian for horse riding lessons for my birthday. I miss it and maybe it would help me feel better. Feel powerful and in control? I don't know...its an idea. I finally managed to fall asleep yesterday by imagining myself on an outride. It was so relaxing.

How beautiful is this horse?

2 comments:

Fiona said...

Definitely ask Brian for horse riding lessons. If it's something you love, it will always make you feel better :)

Mariella said...

I've been riding since I was 5yrs old. Have missed it terribly since moving here to South Africa. Next time I go on an outride, I will let you know and you are more than welcome to join! :)