Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Winter fail

I am feeling moany and sick which is not a good frame of mind to blog in. Especially since I am annoyed that I am sick. This past weekend, Brian and I were supposed to go out and celebrate the new job but instead I lay in bed and coughed. I need a new immune system.

In other news: I nearly fell asleep in traffic again. I do this periodically. I once actually bumped into someone. Its really scary actually. And I do get enough sleep so I am not sure what is up with it. Maybe I just need a holiday? Did you ever read the Famous Five? They were always getting sick and then getting to go away to recouperate. Maybe thats what I need.

Mmmm....I think I would choose a place that was warm and pretty and completely free of people. And cheap. I am sure that will be easy to find!

And it must look like this:


How beautiful it is to do nothing, and then to rest afterward. ~Spanish Proverb

4 comments:

Fiona said...

I loved reading the Famous Five! You would find me at the library most weekends trying to find one I hadn't read yet :)

Love that quote! I could live by it quite easily

Hope you feel better soon xoxox

Tamara said...

Awww... Famous Five! Childhood memories.

I am also miserably sick. I'm now considering asking hubby to do a library run and pick me up some Enid Blyton so I can at least enjoy my snotty bed-rest in good company.

Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you have traffic induced narcolepsy. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

sarah said...

Most of my American friends have never heard of Enid blyton. Also, they don't know that NB stands for important. Travesties.

Feel better soon xxxxx

Ps. Tamara, I tried re-reading the magic faraway tree last year. It wasnt the same at all. :(