Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"I am so excited...I just can't hide it"

I am so excited and happy at the moment. Do you remember when we were little? That feeling the evening of your birthday, when you had eaten too many sweets and felt like the most spoilt and loved girl (or boy) in the world? Everyone had crowded round you and jostled to be your favouite friend. Well thats what I feel like right now. Five years old and all hyped up. So do you want to hear my news? Do you???

I got a job! WooHoo!

From the 1 August 2011 I will be an Environmental officer. I found out today. I went for the interview last Tuesday and I have been feeling so nervous. Like a stretched out elastic band. It was such a big deal for me. The thing is I do have a job and I know that I am lucky but I want to work in the field that I studied in and it felt like it was going to be impossible. Even with 8 years of study and 3 degrees, every advert I looked at wanted at least 2 years experience. And my current job doesn't count. My CV has been sent out hundreds of times and no one even replies. But you know what? It just takes luck! I found this company on the internet and I send a general "I am wonderful -so-hire-me" email and the director saw it and even though there was no position, they interviewed me and have decided to offer me a position.

Its entry level. And a pay cut and more work. But I am so happy. I feel like I am finally starting. I am proud of myself for overcoming my hurdles (even the ones that I created myself) and for moving on. I got this position because I worked for it and there is something so satisfying about getting something that you have worked towards. I know that there are little things I will worry about but tonight I don't want to. I pushing those thoughts away and concentrating on enjoying this feeling.

I feel like Rocky!!! :)

8 comments:

sarah said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!

Whhop whoop ooh oohing!!!

Anonymous said...

Whoooooooooo hoo!! Congrats. :D

Fiona said...

HUGE Congratulations!!!
Really happy for you :)

Caz said...

That is fantastic!!! well done for not giving up! x

Anonymous said...

*Cue Rocky theme music* Congrats lady! That is fantastic news and I hope you love the new job! I'll be anxiously awaiting your start date so I can read about it :)

po said...

Wow! Congrats to you! That is seriously inspirational, that you actually went out and made a job happen for you! I must think about that when I am hunting around for a job for me in SA.

Nes said...

Thanks Guys :)

Marcia (123 blog) said...

Big congrats to you - that took lots of courage sending the email and I'm so glad it paid off.