Thursday, March 24, 2011

I have some awesome friends



And yes, we did get to play with a baby red panda.


I've been getting to spend some more time with my friend, Helen which is great. We even went away and played charades. Or at least I think it was charades....
We end up chatting on g-chat a lot. When both of us should be working. Its fun!


And of course I have my cat...My grandfather asked when he saw the mat "Is it the cat welcoming people or welcome to other cats?"


I'm not one of those people that has tons of friends.
Seriously.
I got kicked out of book club (for wanting to read). And I am probably far too close to my boyfriend. And my sister. But I have decided that a few good friends is much better than worrying about the opinions of a large number of people. I think that I am finally growing up and losing the 'best friend' fairy tale. I am not saying that I don't care about my current friends. Not at all. They are totally cool. But I think as a girl, we grow up watching all these movies and reading books that all feature a close group of friends who grow up and stay friends. We have started to learn that we shouldn't let guys treat us badly, but we  let our friends do much worse and forgive worse sins. There is no perfect friendship, just like every relationship is flawed. But for me being able to talk to someone after not seeing them for awhile, or feeling at ease, not feeling the need to fill the silence and just being myself are little signs that show that a friendship is really working.

So, to my friends...thank you!

2 comments:

EEbEE said...

I made the cut! Now to keep it ;)

(good times at the zoo hey, we must have a reunion)

Nes said...

Definitely, my friend. I miss snake fishing at the zoo!