Saturday, May 28, 2011

Working on a Saturday

So I really don't have a fast-paced job...far from it really. It can be busy but its definitely not mentally stimulating. The usual story, I suppose. I didn't finish the masters in 2 years so I had to get a job to pay for the 3rd year and then because I had a job it took a twice as long to finish.

The thing is now I am finished and this job is becoming harder and harder to handle. I am annoyed by it and guilty that I am annoyed by it (because the fact is I have a job so I shouldn't moan). I have a lovely boss but I feel very lonely: I don't have a bond with my co-workers. They're not bad people but we are on a different page about nearly everything. Different backgrounds and different ideas. I am bored and somehow also very unproductive (you should see my desk!) and I have to somehow click into gear because I don't know how long it will take to find an environmental job without the proper experience.

Anyway, its Saturday and I am stuck at work. This means that I sit around doing absolutely nothing while part-time students study. Part-time students all come to work on the same floor which means I don't have access to my messy desk so I can't try an be productive. I can't stay on the internet for long because its unprofessional and my colleagues don't need any excuse to think the worse of me anyway. Things are actually going very smoothly which means I don't have to help anyone and so I can just see this last hour is going to take so long.

Ah well...at least it is home time in an hour. Then its back to the boy and I can try and enjoy my weekend with him before he hurtles back to Harrismith for his job (he works there during the week which sucks because although we 'live' together, we don't actually stay in the same province.) Maybe there is no such thing as the perfect job. I just really want to have a career and I will be so disappointed with myself if this is it.

Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend! Tell me all about it on Monday :)

No comments: