Monday, April 4, 2011

Happy Homemaker

I am so domesticated. I really am. I am not even going to fight the jokes about my age any more because seriously, I am getting older. This is obviously not a completely new revelation (I did know I aged before now), I just didn't feel my age- or better said- I didn't feel like an adult. I think this is often the case with people who study for longer periods of time. The thing is we age at the same rate but where we are in life changes at a difference rate.

I am not sure what changed but somewhere between moving out and buying a new car, I began to feel comfortable with the fact that I am an adult. I know at the end of 2009, we went down to Cape Town for one of my boyfriend's friend's wedding and I kept thinking "Wow, I cant believe G is getting MARRIED- thats so grown up". In the interim, all brian's friends save one are now engaged and a lot of the people I went to school with are having children. This used to shock me but it doesn't anymore. I am not planning on getting married or having a child right now but that has become a decision rather than a fact related to my age.

The best example of my age/adulthood-ness is the fact that my boyfriend and I went shopping for crockery and came back home with a vacuum cleaner. It is so exciting not to sweep. And its pretty too.

1 comment:

EEbEE said...

I too am getting old Nes.

I spend far too long in the power tools section when ever I go to MACRO...

I still play way too many computer games which kind of balances out the getting old bit ;)

Like you said though (and I completely agree) When growing old doesn't shock you any more, you're basically old... hehehe