1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
Hmmm, I wish I had some really cool things to write here. These are a little mundane but thats life.
1.) I went on a solo road trip between Port Elizabeth and De Aar for work and took a detour on some dirt road which eventually turned out to be a dead end but I did feel like an explorer
2.)I handed in my Masters
3.)I started blogging
2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't usually have proper New Year's resolutions but for 2011 I wanted to take charge of my life and get a job and stop being so moany. Or something like that.
I suppose I did keep my 2011 resolutions: I started seeing a therapist weekly, I handed in my MSc., I got a job in the Environment. I think on paper I have my life kinda under control.
For 2012, I am making a concerted effort to keep my resolutions:
1.) Hand in my final corrections for the MSc
2.) Lose 12kg
3.) Start exercising
4.) Keep seeing a therapist
5.) Be the best possible sister I can be
6.) Keep a diary
7.) Save money
8.) Do something I have never done before
9.) Stop letting my family get to me
10.) Take one evening every week to do something I enjoy
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
A work colleague as well as countless old friends on facebook
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My dog, Falcon
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
1.) A more active social life
2.) Being more in control of my emotions
3.) A boyfriend who lives with me during the week
4.) The strength and courage to deal with my family
5.) The wisdom to accept the things that I can't change
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory?
28 February 2011- Handing in my MSc
01 August 2011 - My first day of my 'career'
31 December 2011- A phone call that broke my heart
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Handing in my MSc. and getting an environmental job
9. What was your biggest failure?
Focussing so much on external issues such as jobs and not on my mental health and also not knowing how to look after my sister
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No, luckily not.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Flowers for my garden
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My sister's courage, bravery and success and Brian's support and love through everything
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
My mother and father- both of them have broken my heart in different ways
14. Where did most of your money go?
Petrol, food, car repayments, rent...boring necessary stuff
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My new job and the couch and furniture Brian bought
16. What song/album will always remind you of 2011?
Coldplay 'Paradise' - my first concert
Christina Perri- 'Jar of hearts' - cause I love it
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
•Happier or sadder? Sadder, last year I was more hopeful about my family.
•Thinner or fatter? Thinner.
•Richer or poorer? Richer- I suppose
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
enjoy the small things
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it with Brian's family and then with mine.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
22. Did you fall in love in 2011?
I fell in love with Brian lots of times
23. How many one night stands in this last year?
24. What was your favourite TV program?
So you think you can dance; Grey's anatomy; the Mentalist
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't think I hate anyone but there are still people I dislike
26. What was the best book(s) you read?
I hardly read this year (sadly)
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
My job and my new couch
29. What did you want and not get?
A happy family
30. What were your favourite films of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 27 and I am I so old and I can't remember what I got
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A healthy mom
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
I wear whatver I own which is comfortable
34. What kept you sane?
Brian, medication, Savanah
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
'A government-proposed “Protection of Information Bill” that would prevent the disclosure of information deemed harmful to the “national interest”.
37. Who did you miss?
My friend Sarah
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
You can't wish for happiness
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?
"No one said it would be easy but no one said it would be so hard" - Coldplay 'The Scientist'